Upgrade your communications skills this fall
Work through the fundamentals of managing and leading successful communications through 6 facilitated online workshops, along with templates and guides you can use on your next project.
What you'll learn
LGAA is pleased to partner with Blueprint on the Communications Essentials training program, designed specifically for local government communicators like you.
- October 6: Building a strategic communications plan
- October 20: Writing messages that engage and connect with your audience
- November 3: Navigating complex (and sometimes controversial) projects
- November 16: Planning and hosting effective citizen events and meetings
- December 1: Designing better surveys that engage your audience and get the data you need
- December 15: Managing negativity and getting more out of your social media
The cost for the entire program is $1,950 + GST but you can save 10% by using discount code "LGAA" at sign up.
Bonus: split up the training
Your organization can purchase 1 ticket for the entire program and send individual staff from different departments to attend different sessions (1 attendee per session per ticket purchased).
Your residents expect transparency and communication, so gain the skills you need to connect with them in a meaningful, engaging way. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to move your organization forward.
How you’ll learn
Communications Essentials takes place completely online, so you can join from anywhere. The sessions are designed to help you get ahead faster with industry insight and case studies you can work through.
- Upgrade your skills through interactive workshops led by industry experts
- Get access to valuable tools and receive practical guidance and tips
- Help your organizations make impactful decisions
- Connect with a community of likeminded people
The program is hosted by Michelle Kuly, Principal of Blueprint, with guest experts and specialists who together offer participants decades of experience and insight. Michelle's knowledge in public engagement, strategic planning, and facilitation is the foundation of Blueprint.
Over the past 15 years, she has developed a deep understanding of the dynamics of engagement and paired it with remarkable entrepreneurial vision.
Michelle designs dynamic and productive processes for stakeholder and public participation that get results by creating understanding, buy-in, and dialogue around challenging issues.Sign up at Blueprint using code LGAA